Friday, October 13, 2006

Search Engine Optimizers

Following up on my post from a few days ago asking if small web sites can make money, I'm thinking about the famous SEOs. These guys will take a few to "optimize" your linking structure so that you get more hits. I've no idea if this works, though I suspect it does, in part because so few webmasters know the basics of how to do this.

So, many SEOs are themselves an example of small websites that can make money. Many of these guys are local and a few will actually work onsite at your business. My problem with all this is that SEOs are one of the "circular" businesses that make money by selling to--you guessed it--other small websites. So these businesses are a sort of self-supporting, zero-sum-game ecosystem within which some money circulates.

I suppose that the businesses on the edge, though, who contract with the SEOs, do indeed interact with the larger economy. And, to do this effectively, you are going to need search engine links. So, if you want to up your site's visibility, an SEO is probably a must for you.

Here's an SEO local to Austin, TX: Search Engine Marketing Austin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home