Friday, November 10, 2006

Megaglobe: the international search engine

I have a fairly interenational lifestyle, business, and web presence. I travel abroad several times each year, at least once on vacation. Many of my oldest friends live abroad, and I have an excellent current knowledge of trends in business across the world. My business gets more than half of its revenue overseas. And my web sites receive more than half of their visitors from abroad.

Working across borders these days is a major pain in the neck, especially on the web. Google, Amazon, Yahoo, heck all the biggies have nation-specific sites. Therefore, my own web sites need to make an effort to determine locale and then send visitors to the right place. Dealing with comments--and click fraud--in several different languages is time-consuming and, frankly, difficult for me, with my rather limited and smattered knowledge of different languages.

Megaglobe - New International Search Engine aims to change that. It will be available in 45 languages and will represent the whole world, with ads available worldwide in 50 different currencies. Perhaps most importantly, Megaglobe will detect click fraud coming from all across the globe. This is important because most click fraud originates from abroad, where people can be paid very small sums to do just one thing: click on ads. In fact, I believe that click fraud underlies a significant portion of Google's sales and hurts us all. Perhaps Megaglobe can change this situation.



Link: Megaglobe - New International Search Engine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home