Friday, February 06, 2009

Watiching the stock market...and the Republicans

Let me just put it out there. I used to be a Republican.

I say that with some shame, now that we've been waiting what seems like a month for 2-3 lousy Republicans to support a bailout package that is cleary required. Is the package a litany of long-sought Democratic handouts? Yes. Does that matter at all? NO.

It now appears that they have finally caved, which is great. But it sure leaves a sour taste. And the article says that they have cut the $40B for states, which seems like a huge mistake. The states are cutting back their funding and jobs. Money that goes to them would have been spent immediately. Now, I'm no economist--oh, wait, I am an economist--and money for states strikes me as a very good idea indeed.

Weeeelll...sorry for that rant. I think I'll go back to watching my stocks. I found a great stock ticker application to help me do that.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home