Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Chatting online

I've been writing a lot about VoIP and videoconferencing, so some readers have been asking how I feel about online chat.

The answer is a bit embarrassing: I think I'm too old to "get it". I'm a big man and I can admit this. I just don't see the appeal.

However, to appease one adamant reader, I checked out the chat rooms at Pictari. And I was impressed. I had a good time chatting on the site. Chatting is a lot of fun--relaxing and stimulating at the same time. I don't think it fits in a business environment, where I spend most of my time, but I see now that this is missing the point. Chatting is much more intimate than e-mail--the process invites confidences, so maybe a chat room is best appreciated by those looking to score!

Link: chat room

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home