Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tis the season for cards

The e-cards have really started to pile up now. I'm getting one or two every day, and this will only accelerate.

I've started to realize that finding a great e-card is important. Nothing says "I am lame" like sending a lame e-card. With this in mind, I've performed quite a bit of research on e-card sites. I doubt there's many that I haven't used at one time or another.

The American Greetings site is the best of the lot. The site has a very broad selection (important when folks are receiving several each day) of e-cards, invitations, and so-called "printables". The site also has a reminder service to help keep track of periodic events like your wife's birthday. This feature has saved my rear end more than once.

Cards can be selected and sent easily, with fewer than five clicks. The number of categories is impressive. This is really important for an e-card site, since an e-card can be sent for any occasion, some less usual than birthdays. For example, my favorite category at American Greetings is "Over the Hill"! The variety of individual cards within each section is impressive, including some that are Free while others are more narrowly tailored to specific occasions.

I've also started to use the printable cards. I have a color laser printer at home now and some card stock, and I've found that it takes only a few minutes to print a lovely card from American Greetings. I love the fact that I can customize these cards before printing, unlike those bougght in a local shop.



Link: birthday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home