Friday, October 13, 2006

Warner to talk to Google on YouTube rights-paper

I am giving more thought to the YouTube purchase. First, I still love the site: I love the idea, I love the implementation, and I love a lot of the content. I am especially intrigued with the political content, which seems to fulfill the orginal promise and premise of the site. BUT I was reading an article about YouTube in the NYT yesterday, and the article recounted a time when only 50-60 videos were available and the team was in despair. What happened? Somebody uploaded "Lazy Sunday" and the site took off like a rocket. In short, the site always had promise but its real, $1.65B value came from copyrighted content. So these guys have made a killing not only from their own ingenuity, but also (very much so) from other people's content:

Full Bio. LONDON, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Time Warner (TWX.N: Quote, Profile, Research) will take continuing talks with YouTube Inc. over ...

Link: Warner to talk to Google on YouTube rights-paper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home