Sunday, November 12, 2006

Flashlights for outdoorsmen

I've spent the summer trying to get my youngest son, who is five, into camping. Well, the season is over and...he's still scared! He worries about the bears, the racoons, the weasels...you name it, he's scared of it.

So I've decided to buy a bigger flashlight. I figure if I can get a flashlight the size of a lamppost, then he won't be scared any more. I'll just install that baby inside the tent so the bears can see our silhouettes clearly. After they gobble us up, we'll have no more worries about camping or anything else!

Does this make sense? No, I guess not. The truth is, I'm just sitting here mooning over the fact that it's too cold to go camping any more and figuring I'll spend some money to make myself feel better! I'm a gadget guy, and gadget guys love flashlights. We all own MagLites, of course, that goes without saying. So I'm looking for something special.

I've been checking out the flashlight section of www.OpticsPlanet.net. These guys have the tip-top brands (far better than MagLite): SureFire, StreamLight, and Pelican LED flashlights. They've got discount pricing and FREE UPS on order over $29.95. I am in gadget-guy heaven, and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to qualify for that free shipping easily.

Link: flashlights

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home