Monday, November 06, 2006

Voice overs

This may sound to you like an absurd boast, but I have a beautiful voice. Not a singing voice, mind you, but a speaking voice. It is just deep and resonant and nice.

I've always wondered if I could turn that vioce into spending money by doing voice overs. Mind you, I doubt it, it seems like the sort of thing that is more difficult than it seems at first. But this is the profession that came to my mind while watching the absurd Seifeld episode in which George becomes a hand model.

Voice123 is a voice-over marketplace with a database of voice over talents. The site is not only for producers and advertisers, but also for voice-over talents who want to promote their services.

It's amazing to me to think about what a big job it must be to find the right voice for a project. I mean, sure, I have a decent voice--does that mean if you know me that you just sign me up? Of course not! I imagine that it is an enormous task to find just the right voice that conveys just the right emotion to listeners. Voice123 wants to help you complete that task.

Link: voice overs

1 Comments:

Blogger Voices.com said...

Hi Jerry,

Glad to see that you are interested in voice overs!

Our website, Voices.com, ranks #1 for the keyword voice over among others.

Have you visited us yet?

I'd be interested to see a written comparison by you regarding our two services.

As a fellow blogger, I'm sure you'd also enjoy our network of blogs, particularly our voice acting blog VOX Daily. Here's a link to copy and paste into your browser:

http://blogs.voices.com/voxdaily/

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Stephanie Ciccarelli

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home