Friday, December 15, 2006

Google, Baidu eye online video business in China

There's no question at all for me that online video is the story of the year. I don't know anyone--folks I work with, my parents, friends from college, little kids--who hasn't watched a video at YouTube this year, and enjoyed it. To think that this market is still unowned in China boggles the mind. Wish I oculd think of some way to get involved.

Google Inc. and Baidu.com Inc., its biggest rival in China, are exploring similar options to expand their online video services in the world's fourth-largest economy. Industry sources told Reuters this week that the two Internet search leaders have independently had early discussions with some local video Web sites for potential business cooperation or possible acquisitions.

Link: Google, Baidu eye online video business in China

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home