Friday, December 01, 2006

Keyloggers

You know that I've been on a software security kick and, judging from the comments, you support me in my efforts!

After reading about Spector Pro, I started looking into other software from Spector Soft. I came across their keylogging product. For those of you who don't know, keyloggers record every keystroke pressed on a computer. The records can then be scanned for worrisome activity.

In the past, these programs had a bad name, as they were occasionally used to steal passwords. As a parent, though, I've come to realize that I have the right and even the obligation to monitor what is going on with the computer. I hope and pray that my kids are using Google images to search for pictures of atoms, maps of Mars, and models of the solar system. I'm worried that they might start searching for other things too. Not because they are bad kids, but because they are kids.

So I'm thinking about trying keylogging software again at home. I think that keylogging software is the right thing for a father to do. I can imagine that employers might use keylogging software to make sure that employees are staying within their Internet use policy. I'd consider the same thing, but I feel a little less comfortable with this application (even though I am an employer of dozens of people).

Link: keylogging

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home