Sunday, October 29, 2006

$363 for Jerry!

Here's my PayPerPost story.

I've been blogging for three years now, give or take, and I've built up a pretty decent readership. I estimate around 200 hits daily, both from direct visits and from RSS. I put a lot of time into this blog, and I'm proud of it. I'd also like to make a little money on it. Not a lot of money, mind you, but a little bit.

So I've tried a lot of different alternatives. Amazon Associates, AdSense, all the usual avenues. And the bottom line is that these avenues just don't pay enough to be worth the trouble. I'm blogging 30-40 hours a month, and Amazon yielded maybe $20 per quarter. Google AdSense yielded less than that.

Three weeks ago I decided to try PayPerPost after reading about it on Jason Calacanis' weblog, and I've been pulling in about $20 daily. Interestingly, my time and commitment to the blog are also up, and I feel that my writing is improving. Overall, I've been more happy with PayPerPost than I can say. I have about $363 coming to me in the next month, and I intend to contribute the money to my kids' college funds.

Link: PayPerPost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home