Wednesday, October 25, 2006

FrightWorld The Movie World Premiere

On October 31st we'll get FrightWorld The Movie World Premiere. I love this kind of balls-to-the-wall naming scheme. The most recent example is Snakes on a Plane, but FrightWorld gets you there.

They've got the web site to go with it, too. The movie is described as "Friday the 13th meets the Shining." And, yes, Friday the 13th was horrible. But the Shining...the Shining is in my book the best horrow movie ever made. When it first came out: terrifying. Now: a parody of itself. To see Jack there typing page after page with his hair crazy in the air just makes me laugh.

The problem is that my wife won't see 'em anymore. Sure, when we were dating she'd go to horror movies and pretend to be scared. But the problem is that she wasn't pretending. She was actually scared. So now that we aren't dating anymore, so she feels no compunction to go.

So I'll tell you a story. Maybe this story is about my wife or maybe it isn't. Heck, she doesn't check the page that often anyway. When I was a senior in college I started dating a freshman. She was smokin hot, and I was pretty proud of myself. But, I have to admit, I was afraid to lay a hand on her. She just seemed so darn young. So we go out for a while, and to be honest I'm thinking (this seems ridiculous in retrospect) that I need a more mature woman. Is this silly or what. And then we go to see...what was the movie...Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson...wait a minute while I check Google. It was Dead Again. A truly great movie. And that girl was pegged up against me the whole time. Our inhibitions just melted away.

So, if you are dating, go see FrightWorld and hope it is half as scary as the Shining. Then she'll snuggle up against you for sure.



Link: FrightWorld The Movie World Premiere

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home