Sunday, November 12, 2006

Home Improvment

I'm working on our bathroom. I use the term "working" quite loosely here: it means that I spend a lot of time drinking beer and talking about how nice our bathroom will be when it is finally done.

My plan has always been to install a tile floor. My father installed his own tile, and in truth he was somewhat obsessed with high-quality mudset tile. When we went shopping for my first house he scoffed at every home that had tile installed directly on the drywall. And he was right. This is low-class and it doesn't last.

Lately, though, I've been thinking about a laminate floor, which is easier to install. I found a nice site about laminate flooring pros and cons. The site says that laminate flooring is easy to install, eco-friendly, and beautiful. The only major drawback seems to be relative lack of durability. Laminate floors, of course, cannot ever be refinished.

Maybe the decision depends on how soon I am planning to sell my home.





Link: laminate flooring pros and cons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home