Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Internet ad revenue rises to $4.2 bln in 3rd qtr

I am trying to balance my evident enthusiasm for the web with my own sense that some of this growth has to be illusory. I have always had the idea that advertising just can't be that valuable, because it doesn't seem very effective. Perhaps it is much more effective when shown to others than when shown to me!

Internet advertising revenue rose 33 percent in the third quarter to a record $4.2 billion, but showed more minimal growth on a consecutive quarterly basis, according to data released on Tuesday. A report compiled by the Interactive Advertising Bureau and PricewaterhouseCoopers showed Web advertising rose 2 percent compared with the second quarter of 2006, even as the dollar amount spent was the largest ever for a single quarter.

Link: Internet ad revenue rises to $4.2 bln in 3rd qtr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home