Monday, November 13, 2006

Bingr is working for me!

For the past several weeks I've been using Bingr.com to create trackable redirect links. The results have been outstanding.

The service works like this. You provide the address of a web site and ask for a link from Bingr. Bingr provides a new, short URL that you can use on your blog to link to the site (like so: gardening info). When your readers click on the link, they are taken to the correct site--but their action is tracked on Bingr. This way, you know how many users have clicked, when they clicked, and what countries they are from.

The results are almost magical if you are a serious blogger. Since starting to use Bingr, I've been able to track the outbound traffic from each of my posts. I have been able to see, in real time, the decay of traffic over time and have found that posts remain "live" for about one month--in other words, the posts continue to attract visitors, who remain interested in clicking on the links. I've found that although most of my readers are from the United States, most of my outbound visitors (who are visiting advertisers and affiliate programs) are from the UK. This information has allowed me to focus both my coverage and advertisements on UK users.

I am a big Bingr fan! Check it out.

Link: Bingr.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home