Monday, November 13, 2006

English Schools

One of my fondest memories from high school is of teaching English to families in Barcelona, Spain. I was 15 years old and needed to make some cash. So I let my Spanish mother know that I was willing to teach English and waited for opportunities to roll in. I was surprised at the result! I guess I was hoping that a bunch of hot Spanish girls would sign up for classes (my Spanish mother was a schoolteacher). Instead, a bunch of families signed up to learn English together.

The result was marvelous. Usually I was invited to spend 1-2 hours with each family speaking English, often during a meal. I got to be friends with many of these families and had a wonderful time. To this day, I have an abiding interest in language education, which I think is a benefit to everyone.

A UK-based web site, www.answerenglish.co.uk, offers a twist on this them: English language courses in London. These courses are for folks visiting or living in London who want to improve their English. And, speaking as a Californian, I can tell you: there is no better place to learn it! The school offers English for work - fun - study - Answer English - English for Work - or any other purpose. In fact, I think they've left out a crucial category: English for Dating!

Link: Answer English - English for Work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home