Wednesday, November 08, 2006

NFL Football Picks

I've started playing in a fantasy football league with my brother, and I am getting hammered. My brother's dissolute habit of setting aside all day on Sunday, every Sunday during football season, to watch TV is helping him a lot. Actually, my brother's TV watching helps him in a lot of annoying ways: he is good at fantasy football, trivia pursuit, and Simpsons quotes, which is a pretty nice package.

Recently I've started to get help from jimfeist.com's team of handicappers, which offers picks and full game analysis on all major games and sports including football. The site is very well organized and the handicappers know their stuff as you'd expect. It is obviously organized for peole involved in more hardcore sports betting, but very useful to a small fry like me as well. In fact, free picks are given out daily and have tended to showcase the handicapper's talents at calling the game's winner.

My favorite feature of the site are the "Handicapper's Editorials". These editorials can tackle every topic, but usually at least one editorial each week covers the upcoming games. These editorials are sort of a gut check for me, allowing me to measure my own gut feelings against handicappers with a longer track record and more data at their disposal. The editorials don't always change my mind, but they often do.

Link: Football Picks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home