Friday, December 01, 2006

MySpace and kids

I'll admit it. I'm old. I'm techno-saavy, true: an engineer, a scientist, and a program. But three things mark me as the oldy that I am:
  1. I don't own an iPod
  2. I don't send text messages
  3. and I don't belong to MySpace
These three areas belong exclusively to the young. (I'm working on each and every one of them.)

I have children, though, one of whom is in first grade. He has a third-grade cousin who is using MySpace. Yes, you read that correctly. Some parents (my sister included) lump MySpace into computer proficiency and conclude that it is OK for a third-grader to participate.

So, I've been researching Myspace tracking software to give to my sister as a Christmas present. I've been looking for software that can keep her son--and, eventually, my son, safe in the years to come. Recently I came across some Spector Pro monitoring sofware, which won an award in PC Magazine. This software is the most full-featured that I've found so far and can record all activity on MySpace.com: profile updates, picture posting, comments, messages, invitations, and more. Spector Pro is truly impressive software.

I'm sure my sister would prefer to receive a RAZR. But she'll be getting Spector Pro!

Link: Myspace tracking

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home