Monday, December 18, 2006

Planning holiday travel

You know what I've discovered? Re-discovered, if truth be told. Here it is: making travel reservations for four people isn't much fun.

First, find the flights we need on expedia. Try to reserve them, find out that the seats are no longer available. Call the airlines to try again, find out that the airlines charge a higher price over the phone. Check the airlines' sites. Get some of the flights. Back to expedia. Repeat, literally, ad nauseum.

I used to go through almost the same rigamarole with hotels. This year, though, I used HotelReservations.com for our Hotel Reservations. The process was a joy, and I got the job done in about 30 minutes. The site is very well organized, has excellent search functionality, and got me where I need to go quickly. They cover everything from motels to luxury resorts. Most importantly, the pricing seems to me better than what is available on Expedia, especially for world wide destinations, where many discounts are offered.

I also like the options for choosing a web site in your own language and currency. This feature allowed me to plan travel with some Spanish friends of ours. We followed the web site in English, they followed it in Spanish, yet the searches produced the same set of properties that we could compare and talk about.





Link: Hotel Reservations

1 Comments:

Blogger www.HotelReservations.com said...

Thanks for writing about our site HotelReservations.com, when you and your friends travel next time, please consider us to book your hotel needs.

....from management of HotelReservations.com

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home