Monday, December 18, 2006

Love of management

I read a laudatory article about a GE exec balancing her work and family. The article makes the woman sound so darn boring. Get a load of this:
Pendergrass' passion for management started early. As a chemical engineering student at the University of Louisville, she had her sights set on leadership. 'I knew I didn't want to be a career engineer. I wanted to go into general management,' Pendergrass said. After earning her master's degree in 1983, her plan was to work as an engineer until opportunities with more responsibilities arose.
But my perspective has changed, now that I am older and have children (as well as GE stock!). I am really grateful that there are people like this in the world, who have a passion for doing the boring jobs that make the world run. I don't have that passion.
Link: GE exec juggles duties

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home