Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Multi-lingual ecommerce software

I've been setting up new online businesses at a pretty decent clip in the past year, about one every 2-3 months. Mostly, these businesses are small affairs that I can manage on my own but occasionally I've hired a more extensive team.

One of the most difficult parts of managing so many disparate enterprises is managing all the finanacial transactions--mostly small financial transactions. I have one site where I sell $600-$700 worth of books monthly in increments of about $10-$20. At another site I sell $1000-$1500 in T shirts every month in similar increments. It is painful to manage so many different transactions over at PayPal, Google Checkout, and my own provider's e-commerce solution. About half of the transactions are in foreign currency, which only magnifies the problem.

I've been checking out Magnet Commerce as a possible solution to this problem. Magnet Commerce offers Multilingual ecommerce software that supports multiples languages and multiple currencies inside of one web-driven application. So I can launch a site in multiple languages and in multiple country-specific domains but manage all transactions from within a single application. They provide shopping cart software (with multiple language support) as well as some traditional hosting technologies, such as business e-mail. Magnet Commerce's support for search--/very/ difficult to do well but probably the most important driver of actual sales. The administration panel on the back end is more than a transaction processor. It also supports a product database including images and promotional tools. The pricing is also very reasonable compared to similar services. And there is a free trial to boot. I've been using the service for about a week and have been extremely happy with it. The bulk import function made it very easy to get up and running, and I was able to transfer all my transaction processing to Magnet (for one web site) within a few days.

If you create as many websites as I do, you might want to check it out.



Link: Multilingual ecommerce software

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home